Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ignatieff the Hot House Flower

Touchy-touchy! Ignatieff appears to be wilting under pressure for the Etobicoke/Lakeshore seat. Thanks to SimonPole.ca for the tip. Here's the beauty-part:
[Ignatieff] says he depends on yoga to "keep myself from falling to bits." But it may be having less than an optimum effect on his ability to endure the irritation of a reporter's questions.
[...]
He can be snippy.
"Oh no, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, I'm 58 years old. I've got 16 books behind me.... You have this idea I've been in some ivory tower my whole life.... I'm intensely proud that I made my living as a freelance writer in one of the toughest markets in the world," he said last month, of his years as a British-based freelance writer, in the first of several interviews with the Toronto Star.
And he can be exceedingly impatient.
"The idea that I was in an ivory tower is absurd," he said on Monday. "I spent the '90s being shot at in Bosnia, far beyond the ivory tower.
Was he actually under fire?
"Of course, you can't be in Bosnia without being shot at. It's in (his book) Blood and Belonging."
Is it just me or can you totally imagine Ignatieff throwing his scarf over his shoulder, in that last part? DR-AAAAH-MA! Somebody fix him some chamomile. Or get him a better yoga mat :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home